Sunday, September 03, 2006

this space no longer fits.

and that echo chorus lied to me with its
"hold on, hold on hold on hold on hold on..."


babe, remember that time you told me there were multiple of you? and all of them sort of came crashing down on top of each other, and then there was a crack, and the entire world split in two?
i think that happened to me too.



so many words get lost. they leave the mouth and lose their courage, wandering aimlessly until they are swept into the gutter like dead leaves. on rainy days you can hear their chorus rushing past: IwasabeautifulgirlPleasedon'tgoItoobelievemybodyismadeofglassI'veneverlovedanyoneForgive me...


i've been reckless.
and now you're paying.
through the nose, bits of your
heart are
dripping

into your
too strong whiskey coke.



and i can see it when she comes.
and she never lets me go.
have all my efforts found the way.
have all my efforts gone astray.



mistakes are meant to be broken. hearts do so too easily. i'm sorry.

No comments: