Tuesday, March 21, 2006

it's my birthday and i'll blog if i want to

happy spring!


or not. seriously, cold weather? not acceptable. it's the VERNAL EQUINOX. not winter. VERNAL.
i'm ready to be unproductive as all hell outside in the warm sunny spring wisconsin weather. ready...go.

[it's fun to be in madison on my birthday] to himul chuli's! and other places. this has been the longest celebration of birthdays, ever. maybe that's what happens when you turn 20. after that, you're old. ha! <--- that's life, laughing.

favorite things: postcards of murals from prague. birthday wishes from a certain 4 1/2 year old assef. spending way too much time on writing, and not enough on nearly anything else. birthday wishes on my wall. wint-o-greens. seeing all my favorites, randomly. being destined. m. ward and ani difranco and imogen heap and dave matthews. bob dylan, obviously. the thin red line. white bread & toast, calvin & hobbes, and mutts. manatees. humpback whale song integrated into incubus (the warmth). underwater scooters, dunn brothers, and super target. grasshoppers, mini baileys, and pasta anti-McManus. ellipses. dancing. hugs.


Maybe all men got one big soul everybody's a part of, all faces are the same man...If I should never find you in this life, let me feel the lack. One glance from your eyes, and my life will be yours...Look at this jungle. Look at those vines, the way they twine around, swallowing everything...Oh, my soul, let me be in you now. Look out through my eyes, look out at the things you've made. All things shining...War don't ennoble men. It turns them into dogs... poisons the soul.

No comments: